Monday, August 9, 2010

6.6 so far

I have lost 6.6 pounds since July 12th.  Last Monday when I weighed in there was a 0.6 loss.  I was fine with it because it was a loss and I reviewed what I had done that week and decided what I needed to change/work on.  Today I had a 2.2 loss.  The things I changed worked. 
This week I am really gonna focus on eating breakfast.  It is so hard for me.  I just tend to not really be hungry and lately, I have mentally wanted to save calories/points for later in the day and not "waste" it on breakfast.  I know this mentality is TOTALLY WRONG.  I HAVE to eat breakfast to jumpstart my metabolism and wake it up.  I need to find some simple, calorie/point friendly ideas.  I think part of my problem last week is that I was sick of Multi-grain Cheerios every morning.  Any ideas would be helpful!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Great job! Oatmeal is great - it is super low in calories, and will keep you full longer. You can even get the microwave packet ones (get organic or lower sugar to save on calories/sugar). Or even a high fiber, whole grain cereal with yogurt instead of milk. Lots of fiber/protein/complex carbs. Keep it up!

Linsey said...

Try the Greek yogurt and some sort of berries, blueberries or blackberries. Drizzle a little honey or agave on top. Good luck!

Megan said...

You're doing great Angie! I don't have any breakfast miracle worker, I'm a cereal girl. I also like yogurt and granola for breakfast...but I have no idea how good/bad granola is for you. Do you like eggs? We've been eating a lot of eggs around here lately.

Brie Wheelwright said...

Good job! I love Oatmeal Raisin Crisp for breakfast but it's pretty expensive so I try to load up when it goes on sale. My cousin also has a great recipe for a spinach smoothie. It sounds gross but she loves it and swears by it. It's also full of berries.