Friday, February 25, 2011

Example

I read this blog post over a month ago and it has REALLY stuck with me. 

I have been feeling really bad about the example that I am setting for my children.  If they never see me exercise, where are they going to learn the importance of being active?  If I don't eat right, where will they learn to?  I have got to be a better example and teach them the things that will help them forever, like eating fruits/vegetables and working out. 

I do not want them to think that being overweight is acceptable just because that is what they saw in me.  It has been really weighing on me lately and I realize that this is not just about me anymore but about what I am teaching my children. 

Things have got to change!!!  Fruits and veggies will be a part of more meals and exercise will be happening in our house!

No comments: