Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Motivation

I have definitely talked about this before but I lack self motivation.  I have done Weight Watchers in the past and was successful in the short amount of time I did it.  I lost weight every week except one because I KNEW that I was going to have someone weigh me in and see my weight.  The only reason that I stopped going to WW was because I hated converting calories into points and knew it was not something I was willing to do long term.  I thought I would do fine just counting calories...which has also worked short term but without the motivation to workout has not done enough to get the results I need to keep pushing myself.

My weight is effecting my life...in a bad way.  I NEED TO CHANGE.  I need to make better choices and be a better role model to my little girls.  I still wait for the day that my oldest realizes that I am overweight and unhealthy (if she hasn't already).  It will be such a sad day for me because it is a choice that I am making.  No medical condition is causing me to be gain weight or be sedentary...it is my choosing.
I decided to join a group of ladies in a healthiness challenge thinking it would motivate me to get my rear in gear.  Unfortunately, I have done the bare minimum in order to not hurt my team point-wise.  I have not lost any weight because I am not pushing myself with my workouts and not restricting my calories enough.  Today starts the last week of the 4-week challenge and I am going to try to push myself as hard as possible to lose some weight and feel like I deserve the points I have gotten.

I know that this post is venting but this is my blog and I am allowed! :) I need to get some concrete goals set for myself and determine what I am going to do to achieve them.  I keep trying to remind myself of the following...


If I can just remember this everyday that I don't feel like working out or eating right then maybe, just maybe I can conquer my weight.

3 comments:

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

You can do this--for yourself and your kids. You can! Set the goals right now. This week! Daily goals, weekly goals, monthly goals, and cumulative long-term goals. You can do it.

I didn't really get my weight loss going until I set those daily and weekly goals and made myself accountable. It's hard, and there are sometimes setbacks, but you just do not give up. You don't give up..and then you find your groove.

God bless...

Bethany said...

I think you should do a vision board. I did one last time I was pregnant and am doing one this time as well. It helps me to think positive and not dwell on the negative stuff. I cut words from magazines and pictures that I liked that inspire me to do what I want, when I look at them it makes me smile. You are doing great and just being accountable is a great start to changing your life. I am very proud of you and the work you have done and continue to do. Don’t put your self down. Tell your self you are beautiful ever day.

ihaverun said...

You can do it!! I love you!