Friday, January 27, 2012

New Year, New Me

Yes, I know it is actually the end of January but it is still the first month of 2012.  At the beginning of the year, I realized that something has to change.  I felt like all aspects of my life were out of my control and not the way I wanted them.  I obviously need to change myself physically...I need to be strong/fit and a healthy weight.  Because of my weight, I kinda just gave up on taking care of myself.  I didn't eat right (contributing to weight gain), I stopped caring about my appearance (makeup, skincare, clothing) and I just overall stopped trying. 

So with that being said, I did like the rest of the world does and made some new year's resolutions.  I decided that I needed to have a plan and focus on all the aspects of my life that I wanted to change and not just focus on the weight loss.  I  know that this year is going to be hard but I also know that I can continue to push myself and eventually come out on top.  I am not giving up...I am picking myself back up and making a change.  

I changed having monthly goals and have a couple short-term goals that I am working toward.  I want to get back to my pre-Kenzli pregnancy weight and I want to be able to wear my wedding ring again.  It has been almost 3 years since it has fit.  I will admit that I was able to shove it all the way onto my finger a couple nights ago but my finger started changing colors and stayed really red the rest of the night.  I miss it and can't wait to wear it again (hopefully, soon).

More on my specific goals and my plan to achieve them in upcoming posts.  Check back soon!!!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Welcome back! I love the goal of being able to wear your wedding ring again. I look forward to hearing move about your specific goals.

Bethany said...

I'm so proud of you for not giving up and picking yourself back up. You can do. We are all behind you :) Love you tons XXXX