Monday, April 26, 2010

All or Nothin'

I tend to have a all or nothing attention sometimes. This attitude leads me to start off strong...wanting to totally change the way I eat overnight and exercise everyday. Well, it goes okay for awhile but minor setbacks make me throw in the towel. Hence, I am no longer setting weekly goals. I will now be taking a slower pace when it comes to changing the rest of my life. I want to incorporate exercise into my daily life FOREVER (not just until I lose the weight) and I want to make better eating a lifestyle change NOT a diet.

So I will be focusing on exercise for the next 28 days...therefore, forming a habit. Once again my all or nothing attitude gets in the way. I know that I am NOT going be running everyday or working out for 1-2 hours daily. My goal is to do exercise everyday...walking a mile, doing a workout video....something AT LEAST 3 times a week. I am not going to be overkill and say 5 or 6 says a week because that is setting myself up to fail. By saying 3 times a week, I know I can achieve this and anything more than 3 days is great!

Today's exercise...1 mile walked! (more on this later) One down, two to go for the week!

1 comment:

Valerie Hall said...

Hey anytime you need a walking partner let me know. I am always up for it!