Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I found this questionnaire on a fellow weight loss blogger's blog.  I thought that it would be a good time to reflect and share my reasons with all of you. 

Why do you want to get in shape?
It is proven that abdominal fat is totally unhealthy and that is where I carry the majority of my weight.  It scares me!  I am a walking time bomb.  I have seen what being overweight can do to your body over time and want to lose weight and get in shape so that my body is strong.  I want to be an active mom and play with my kids at the park instead of sit on the bench and watch them.
 
Do you have an ultimate goal?
I want to be in the "normal" range of weight for my height.  That means that I need to weigh somewhere between 118-155 pounds.  Since I have been overweight before getting pregnancy with my first child, I have no idea what weight I will feel best at.  I am simply trying to fall somewhere in that range and feel really good.  I also want to be physically fit and have a consistent workout routine.

Do you have short term goals?
Well, I am gonna set goals along the way.  My first goal is to get out of the 190's (I cannot believe I actually just put my weight out there)...I will be celebrating with rewards for every 10 pounds I lose.  I am also gonna work on making certain things become habits along the way.

Do you have a mentor, or someone that inspires you?
I cannot say that there is one person in particular.  I am inspired every Tuesday night when I watch the Biggest Loser.  The contestants overcome so much and drastically change their lives.  I have also found lots of inspiration from others you are/have documented their struggles and successes (see my motivation blogs on the right side).

Who would you like to inspire to make their own transformation?
Honestly it never really occurred to me that I would be inspiration for others.  I am just trying to make it day to day in my own journey.  I felt overwhelmed with joy when a friend told me that her mom, her and her sister had started their own weight loss blog because they had been inspired by me.  It makes me feel humbled and more dedicated to continue working towards my goals.  I hope that I can continue to inspire people to not just lose weight but to get into shape and eat healthy.

What has stopped you in the past from making the right choices?
ME...my lack of ability to stick it.  I try to change everything at once and then get overwhelmed and quit.  I also am an emotional eater (mainly when I am bored).  I need to get over my addiction to food and learn to "eat to live" NOT "live to eat".

Why are you going to make it this time?
I am embracing this as a lifestyle change instead of a diet.  I want to learn to eat healthy on a daily basis and to be more active.  I am also hoping that by putting myself out there in the blog, that it will keep me accountable and therefore, I will make better choices.

2 comments:

Skye said...

Hi Angie! I came across your blog on Hollie's Weight Loss Blog.

What a great post! I loved the idea of a questionnaire post! Boy, talk about making a girl think! lol

I am also a huge fan of The Biggest Loser. I am glued to the tv every Tuesday night! It seems like each season just gets better and better! I can't wait to see who makes it to the Final Four!

I am very intrigued by your blog and look forward to following along! ( :

Bethany said...

I love reading your blog and talking to you today was the best. I am always just a phone call away :)