Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekends...NOT GOOD!!!

I have decided that weekends are a problem for me. I get out of my normal routine and it makes it harder to stay on track. This weekend was especially hard for me. Sariah went to St. George with my dad last minute on Friday and so Jake and I decided to go out to eat that night. RED LOBSTER...not so calorie friendly!!! Then Saturday, I got to hold and play with Kenzli and get some uninterrupted scrapbooking done. So working out...not so much. Other than the weekend, I did have a good week.

Goal #1...eat 4-5 times a day. I did really good with this. I did not munch and ate breakfast. I am keeping this goal again this week and have gone a step farther. I have menu planned the whole week including breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. I am going to follow it COMPLETELY!!!

Goal #2...workout 5 times this week. Well, I did workout Monday, Tuesday and then had a rest day Wednesday. Then on Thursday, I was not able to workout in the morning but I DID push myself and worked out that night. I tried out a new workout video which is AWESOME!!! Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is incredible. Only a 20-minute workout but it is really hard and makes you sweat. Unfortunately, I did not workout Friday or Saturday. I am gonna push myself this week to make up for it.

Goal #3...I did drink 72 ounces of water EVERYDAY!!! I have to say that I feel so much better. It is amazing what being hydrated can do for your body. I am gonna continue to drink as much water as I can each day this week.

As a side note, I have a bet with my dad to not drink any soda or eat after 10 pm. So far, so good. If you do either one, you have to pay $1 to the other person. I had two different times this week where I thought about giving him a $1. Each time, I was strong and decided that it was simply not worth it. I need to step it up though...instead of replacing soda with a sugary drink (fruit punch, lemonade) I need to simply drink water when out to eat. I don't want to drink my calories, I want to eat them.

No comments: