Monday, March 29, 2010

Celebrate each accomplishment...

...like 3 pounds lost this week!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

I am so happy that I achieved the weight loss amount that I had set for myself at the beginning of the week. I was NOT perfect this week but I did forgive myself for any mistakes and moved forward. This week I am gonna try my hardest to attain a 2 pound loss but with going out of town and being out of my routine, it might be hard but is possible. Now to review my week...

Goal #1 ~ Stick to menu plan...well, I did stick within my calorie range but did not stick exactly to the plan. I have decided that I want to eat what I am in the mood for then not what it says on the piece of paper. I am okay with that as long as I pay attention to the amount of calories that go into my mouth. I did TONS better when it come to eating breakfast which is one of the hardest things for me. I also did NOT munch. I found that I am stronger than I thought!!! I can give Sariah a snack without eating some myself.

Goal #2 ~ Workout 5 times...once again the weekend is my downfall. I did great until Friday and Saturday. But obviously adding the exercise into my daily schedule has still helped with the weight loss. I will figure out a way to get the weekends done, it might have to be something different like bike rides with the family or a walk to the park on Saturday. I might eventually have to just workout M-F instead of having Wednesday off. It is a work in progress.

Goal #3 ~ HYDRATE...I did great with this. I love water!!! I cannot believe how wonderful it is to not be drinking pop anymore. I drink water with all my meals expect on occasion I will drink a V8 Fusion or something else but NEVER pop. It feels great to be hydrated!

This week I am sticking with calorie counting, working out and hydration. These will be especially hard this week since I will be heading out of town. I already know Friday will have an Olive Garden lunch involved and Easter dinner on Sunday. Working out will be a challenge since I won't be home and in my routine. I am planning ahead though and will be working out on Wednesday instead of Thursday since Thursday I will be in the car all day. My post will be later next week since I won't be home until late Monday night. Look for the weekly review next Tuesday.

Happy Easter to you all!!!!

3 comments:

ed and brooke said...

Woo Hoo! Good job!

Even though you are going to Olive Garden this week, you can still choose something healthy. Skip the breadsticks, order a salad with low-fat dressing on the side (olive garden has a really good low fat italian), and drink a full glass of water before your meal arrives. When it arrives, don't eat the whole thing. Leave at least half of your meal to bring home and eat later. I recently read a book called Super Natural Cooking and it talks about how to make healthier food choices in your diet and in cooking. One thing that it really encourages is to eat/cook by color. Choose dishes that have the most different colors of vegetables and fruits in them. I can't even tell you how many vegetables we eat now because I have really tried to have 3-4 different vegetables in everything I eat. You end up getting so many different vitamins and minerals that your body needs, plus all the fiber. Also, are you taking a multi vitamin? Your body needs significant amounts of certain vitamins to metabolize foods adequately. The only way I remember to take mine is to take it at the same time every single day: right before dinner.

I'm so happy for you Angie! It's so inspiring to read your accomplishments.

Bethany said...

GOOD JOB!!!

Dan and Linsey said...

YAY Angie!!! Keep it up Superwoman!