Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Self Sabotage

I confess (to those who don't already know) I am ADDICTED to the Biggest Loser.  I want every week and record it when I will not be home.  I get twitter updates from both Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels.  I follow Ali Vincent on Facebook too.  YES ADDICTED!!!

I love watching the contestants realize what is/has been the reason they have gotten so overweight.  Each season is so motivational in its own way.  I absolutely LOVED the season with Eric Chopin and was amazed/in awe of how much weight he was able to lose.  He looked absolutely incredible and it was so sad to find out that he had gained it all back.  It just shows how much of a life change losing weight is.  It is a life long battle.

I also LOVED the season with Ali!!  She looked incredible at the finale and she continues to make it a life change and I love how she has gone on to inspire so many other people.  I loved her so much that I bought and read her book and it was amazingly inspiring.

Okay now back to the title of the post.  This last week's episode was great.  It was awesome to see Daris complete the marathon in just barely over 4 hours.  I was kinda sad that he finished just over his goal but it was incredible to see how great he had done...especially considering where he was only a couple months before that.  I broke my heart to see him stand up on the scale and see a +2 weight gain in 30 days.  When he pleaded with America to vote him into the final three, it was so sad to hear that he had self sabotage while he was home.  It is an interesting thing...he did great during the day...training for a marathon and eating right.  But at night he would EAT! 

WHY?!?!?!

I have also been known to self sabotage and I cannot figure out why.  I will be doing great with weight loss and I will start eating snacks more, drinking pop, having multiple desserts (after lunch AND dinner and sometimes in between)...I will basically fall off the wagon.  I will be doing GREAT with working out consistently only to start making excuses everyday as to why I can't workout that day.  I have got to get to the  bottom of why I continue to do this or else I will never be able to lose the weight, let alone keep it off once I do. 

??? Any ideas/suggestions on ways to overcome self sabotaging behavior???

3 comments:

Tatum said...

I have started making some changes myself. Setbacks included. i start over everyday and ask myself, "How bad do I want it?"

That helps me. So... "How bad do you want it?"

You're doing great!

PS. I am also in love with the biggest loser!

Skye-Lynn said...

I am a HUGE BL fan, too! I just love that show! lol

And I am also the Queen of Self-Sabotage! In fact, I just talked about this on one of Pam's posts! I think this is one of the hardest things to overcome. Once we can conquer this, we will be invincible! So, when you figure out the secret, please let me know! And I will certainly do the same! ( :

Linsey said...

I think overcoming self sabotaging tenancies like weight lose itself can be a life long battle. I think it has something to do with the fear of facing stuff that is painful. It's not just evident in people that are trying to lose weight, everyone has the capacity to do it in some way or another. Recognizing you do it is huge! I think so many of us (myself included) go through life without being able to recognize what it is that is really holding us back. You're doing great Angie! I hope you can figure it out, along with the rest of us!