Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-in

I weighed in this morning to see a 1/2 pound loss.  I have to say that I am pretty happy about this.  REALLY?!  YES!  Let me explain.  This past Wednesday, I got sick and spent the rest of the week and part of the weekend trying to get better. 
Sick = no workouts completed
I was determined to get back to working out on Monday only to have my littlest up lots during the night and wanting to be held constantly during the day.  Not sure if she is sick or just teething but I am enjoying the extra cuddles. 
Cuddly/needy baby = no workout time
SSOOO...I am excited that I was able to see any loss at all.  I am gonna workout today and really push this week and hopefully see a good loss of the scale next Wednesday.

Speaking of the scale, I AM ADDICTED!!!  I weigh myself almost every morning.  I am trying to decide whether to put up my scale and only bring it out on Wednesday or just leave it out.  I am not really effected by the number every morning (as in it does not make me depressed if it goes up or stays the same) but I think I would really like to just see it once instead of the constant up/same/down.  I think I will go put it up now and see how this week goes without it and then make a decision next week.  I think I am constantly weighing myself because I got to the weight I am without ever stepping on a scale to watch it go up.  I feel in more control knowing what the number is all the time.  I hope to think that if I could have seen the number going up all the time, that I would have stopped and done something about it sooner.  Anyone else weigh themselves often??   

5 comments:

Jill said...

Good for you! So hard to do anything with sick babies.

I hear ya. I never weighed myself for a couple of years and wham-o! I was way heavier. Sure my clothes were getting tighter, but I was in denial. I am totally addicted to weighing myself now...although if I've been naughty I will wait a few days until I've been strict again so I don't freak out! :o) I tend to want to throw in the towel if I see it go up or stay the same.

Skye said...

Congratulations on your loss! I've learned to appreciate the little ones, too. Because those little ones will help us get to the finish line all the same! ( :

Guilty as charged! I, Skye-Lynn Renee Young, weigh myself every single day! lol Why? I have no idea. lol Like you, it doesn't effect me one way or another, but I just like seeing the numbers.

Brie Wheelwright said...

I completely agree. I weigh myself all the time because I love knowing where I am. It helps motivate me, too.

Lindsay said...

I say only weigh 1 time a week! It's not about the number on the scale everyday it's about how you feel! You can't obsess over the number, you could have had something salty, you could need to use the bathroom, time of the month etc. Plus the scale doesn't show inches! Try putting it up for a while and see what happens if you don't focus on the scale :)

ed and brooke said...

It's usually not a good idea to weigh yourself everyday. So many things can affect your weight... water retension or loss, eating before weighing yourself or not eating, bowel movements, etc. Especially if you feel frusterated that you don't see the scale move, don't weigh yourself everyday. If it motivates you to do something, then keep at it. I just know that if I weigh myself everyday I get depressed. Weight shouldn't determine self worth and it does for me when I step on the scale everyday.