Monday, April 18, 2011

10 pound REWARD

10 pounds gone FOREVER!!!

It feels great!

What feels even better is getting comments from people.  One friend told me the other day at the park that my pants were too big for me.  She knows I am trying to lose weight though so although I took the compliment, I still kinda wonder if she was saying it just to be nice.
Then a couple days ago, I was told that I look like I have lost alot of weight and that I look really good.  It was really nice to hear ESPECIALLY because she is unaware that I am working on losing weight.  I was so happy!

Now as for the reward...I have decided to reward myself every 10 pounds I lose.  Since I don't want a food reward (obviously) and I don't want it to be clothes because that seems like a waste of money.  So I decided to accessorize!!!

I first had to come up with a place to store my jewelry so I made this....
Here is it with the accessories.  Only 4 items are new...and those were on clearance.
Next up...a way to organize my earrings.

Well, on a slightly different note, I did another 5K tonight and was able to shorten my time.  I did it in 48:42...I followed it with some ab work and stretching.  I can honestly say that I can see myself really enjoying running once I am in better shape.  I can already see myself getting some endurance in my workouts.  YEA!!!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

WAHOO!!! 10 pounds GONE!!!! You are awesome. Keep up the good work.

Bethany said...

And good idea for your jewelry

Syl said...

Way to go! as the weight goes down the confidence builds! It always feels great when people notice that your clothes are to big!
keep up the great work, and love the jewelry idea.

Megan said...

Give me some credit :-) I wasn't saying it just to be nice, your pants are totally too big...and that's a good thing.