Thursday, April 7, 2011

Awareness

Truth: My husband is currently in his 3rd year of dental school.

Truth: We have been married over 7 years and he has been a full-time student the whole time.

Truth: He (we) applied to dental school 4 times before being accepted.

Truth: The process of applying and being rejected is very stressful and expensive.

Truth: Stress makes me want to eat and eat and eat (especially oreos with milk).

Truth: We are coming up on another application cycle to get into a residency program.

Truth: I will not allow stress to allow me to eat!!!

I am hoping that being AWARE that food will not help the stress to go away will allow be to make better choices.  I am trusting myself to make good choices and find other ways (such as exercise) to relive the stress of applying.

Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

You can do it. Being aware is the first step and you are doing that. Good luck I know can do it :)

Kari said...

You've so got this! Having a plan ahead of time is the key to being successful. Best wishes on the application process. :)