Friday, April 1, 2011

March Review and April Goals

This month has been really good.  I am excited with my results and am very encouraged to keep going.  March's goal review:


1. Drink 48 ounces of water each day.  
Completed all but 3 days.  Most days I actually drank more...I am really starting to thrive on water.


2.  Run a mile without walking or stopping.
I would love to say that I can do this but running was hurting my knees.  I need to lose some weight so it is not as hard on my joints.  I did find that I LOVE walking at an incline and it is a challenge yet does not make my knee ache.


3. Get my weight into the 180s.
SO SO SO close...190.9 
I am giving myself a little slack since I had two weekends full of family and food.  Despite the bridal shower and wedding, I feel like I made the best food choices available to me and really watch my portions.  



4.  Look into (and hopefully join) the local gym.
I posted about this earlier this month and decided for now, I am NOT going to join the gym.  The only one within my budget did not offer what I was looking for.



5.  Look at different food/exercise journals and find one that will work for me.
I have started using SparkPeople and LOVE it.  It works perfectly for me right now.  I have tracked everyday and it has been great to feel accountable and also be able to make decisions based on how many calories I have to use.



I am really excited to see what I am able to accomplish during April.  
My goals for April are:
1. Track and stay within my calorie range EVERYDAY.
2. Lose 6 pounds.  I figure this is easily attainable since I lost 7.1 pounds during March.
3. Earn at least 20 workout stars.  (I get a star on my calendar for every 30 minutes of exercise I do)

3 comments:

Cenandra said...

Keep up the great work Angie! Don't push your body regarding running. My recommendation is to wait until you've lost the most of your weight before starting to run. What your doing now walking with incline is great! The goal is to get the BPM up and maintain it for 30 minutes.

Amy said...

Angie,

I read your question on Jen's blog and I am excited to hear the answers myself because I wonder the same things. I scanned through your own blog. Great job on keeping yourself motivated. I started my journey in September at 230 and I was struggling all winter. If you don't mind, I will add you to my blogs I am following. I love keeping up with others' progress.

Amy

Bethany said...

GREAT JOB!!! Keep up the good work you can do it!!!