Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Advantage?!

Losing weight can be tricking.  It is definently something that takes a lot of physical work.  But it also can be a lot of mental work too.  Alot of people who have lost weight, have a hard time "seeing" their new self.  They still have their large body image in their head and forget that they can fit into smaller clothes and can physically do things they couldn't in their larger body.  They have to do alot of mental work to accept their new body and their abilities.

I have a different problem.  I don't "see" my fat body.  I still see my 135-pound self.  It is always a hard reality check when I see pictures of myself or when I have to go clothes shopping and nothing is flattering or fits right.  Once I have lost weight, I will finally have the body that I see in my head. 

This could be an advantage but it could also be a disadvantage.  The problem that I forsee is that without an accurate picture of what I currently am, will I realize how far I have come to become fit and thin again?  I decided to help this not be as big a problem that I need to have a very visual reminder of where I started.  This way, once I am my smaller body, I will remember that I did have a LARGER body that I CANNOT forget about. 

Here are my visual reminders of my starting point in my healthiness journey!  ENJOY!!! :)
 

1 comment:

Pretty Pauline said...

Me too! ME TOO! I so relate to this! When I picture myself, it's me when I was fit, fit, fit. And then I'm kinda surprised when I cannot physically do what I did then as well...