Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Goals

I have been doing alot of thinking about what I can do in order to stick with this process LONGTERM.  It is a lifestyle change and not a diet.  I have had an all-or-nothing type of attitude and it has not worked...so...it is time for an attitude change.

It is time to set mini-goals that are easier to achieve.  Don't get me wrong, I still have long-term goals but they are NOT going to be my focus.  If I choose certain goals get month, eventually the long-term goals will simply be achieved because I have accomplished all my smaller goals. 

So on the first of each month, I will post a review of how the previous month's goals went and set the current month's goals.  Obviously there is nothing to review for February but here are my goals for March:

1.  Drink 48 ounces of water each day.

2.  Be able to run a mile without walking or stopping.

3.  Get my weight into the 180s...which means at a minimum I must lose 8.1 pounds.

4.  Look into (and hopefully join) the local gym.

5.  Look at different food/exercise journals and find one that will work for me.

Over the next couple days, I will outline some of these in more detail.  If anyone has a food journal system that has worked for them, please share.  

No comments: