Wednesday, March 2, 2011

SERIOUSLY?!?

I hit the treadmill last night due to anger, frustration and confusion.  The workout itself felt good.  I pushed myself ALOT harder than I normally do. 

I ran!!!

I rocked out to music!!!

IT FELT GREAT!!!

As you may know, I am addicted to the Biggest Loser.  I think the show is very motivational.  This season has a couple contestants that I am in awe of.  One that my heart breaks for every episode is Arthur.  I CANNOT imagine what it would feel like to just have to try and walk, let alone run with all that weight.  He has definently struggled while on the ranch but I know he NEEDS the ranch and the support of the trainers and his teammates. 

Unfortunately, his teammates changed last night.  My heart BROKE!!!  I knew then that he was in trouble.  The red team sticks together no matter what!  I was so hopeful when he got on the scale and could possibly win immunity.  But he was 3 pounds short.  16 pound weight loss is incredible...but my heart was breaking.  I really thought that Bob's "speech" would make the red team see that sometimes health is more important than alliances.

I was saddened when people made the choice to "play the game" instead of help a person in need out.  I was angry and therefore, I ran out my feelings instead of eating them!  (non-scale victory)

When I finished working out, I talked to my husband about it and he had a very different perspective.  He thinks that the red team was just fighting for themselves as individuals.  I just think that despite the fact that everyone there needs to be there, some need it more.  Especially at this point in the season.  Overall, I hope someone/anyone from the black team wins this season!  I think that have more heart and compassion!!!

I really hope that he is able to stay motivated at home and can't wait to see how he has done at the finale!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Good Job!!! I want a treadmill so bad. Keep running!!! Love you

Brie Wheelwright said...

Good for you, Angie!

I saw both sides of the vote. It's sad, too cuz 4 people from the red team are LDS and I thought they would have more compassion for Arthur. But it's true that they do have to look out for themselves.